PRE-ENGINEERED METAL BUILDING JOURNEYMAN
Schwob Steel Services is seeking a highly skilled JOURNEYMAN with at least 3 years’ experience in steel erection and sheeting phases of pre-engineered metal building installation to serve as the primary steel connector or building sheeter on projects throughout the United States.
About Schwob Steel
Founded in Dallas, Texas, in 1977, Schwob Steel Services, Ltd., has grown from its focused beginnings as a local “provide and erect” pre-engineered metal building general contractor to a national hybrid steel building furnish and erect provider.
As a Steel Enclosure EPC Contractor and AISC Advanced Certified Steel Erector, Steel Structures continuously reinforces our reputation for successfully executing large, complex projects. Schwob has been a leader in the hybrid steel building industry and continues to perform negotiated design build projects for repeat clients as the primary focus of its work.
The ideal candidate should have experience erecting and installing pre-engineered metal buildings. The qualified candidate must be experienced in reading erection drawings and manufacturers installation manuals. Candidate must also be able to work as the primary steel connector, secondary steel connector or building sheeter.
Qualified candidates must be able to work at a safe and productive pace while keeping up with the workload, follow all safety rules, be experienced in making all types of connections, and able to rig structural components for setting.
- Must be able to read architects plans in addition to following erection drawings and manufacturer’s installation manuals and specifications.
- Effectively erects pre-engineered primary and secondary steel.
- Must be able to work as a primary steel connector, secondary steel connector or building sheeter and supervise these activities.
- Follows all OSHA 1926 safety guidelines as well as all job specific safety programs.
- Efficiently follows job specific lift plans, specific erection sequence and specific bracing plans.
- Communicates effectively with project superintendent/foreman
- Unloading material as well as material shakeout and organization
- Must have extensive experience installing single skin wall panels, insulated metal wall panels, standing seam roof with various insulation systems and metal decks.
- Effectively participate and conduct safety training programs.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in pre-engineered metal building erection
- Qualified rigger/signal person (must be able to pass 3rd party certification)
- OSHA 10 certification is mandatory
- Competent Fall protection installation and inspection is preferred.
- Certified Reach Forklift Operator and Certified Aerial Work Platform Operator is preferred, needed ASAP after hire.
- Proficiently reads Manufacturers Erection Drawings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a current driver’s license in good standing.
- This position requires bending, stooping, standing and performing manual labor such as lifting heavy materials in excess of 100 pounds.
- $20-$25/hour based on experience
- Full Benefits After 60 days
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Program with profit sharing match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off Accrues from Day 61
- End of year discretionary bonus
- End of year profit sharing
- Continuous education to enhance your career