Schwob Steel Services is seeking highly skilled PEMB FOREMEN to organize and lead steel erection crews’ daily activities and tasks on projects throughout the United States.
About Schwob Steel
Founded in Dallas, Texas, in 1977, Schwob Steel Services, Ltd., has grown from its focused beginnings as a local “provide and erect” pre-engineered metal building general contractor to a national hybrid steel building furnish and erect provider.
As a Steel Enclosure EPC Contractor and AISC Advanced Certified Steel Erector, Steel Structures continuously reinforces our reputation for successfully executing large, complex projects. Schwob has been a leader in the hybrid steel building industry and continues to perform negotiated design build projects for repeat clients as the primary focus of its work.
This position will work directly with the Executive Management Team, Project Managers and Project Superintendents to deliver results on time and within budget, that consistently meet and exceed our customer’s expectations.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience erecting and installing pre-engineered metal buildings. The qualified candidate will have verifiable leadership qualities, the ability to manage people and production in the industry. He/she will also be responsible for consistently incorporating and reinforcing the company’s safety initiatives into construction projects as safety is our number one priority.
- Must be able to read architects plans in addition to following erection drawings and manufacturer’s installation manuals.
- Must be able to work as a primary steel connector, secondary steel connector or building sheeter and supervise these activities.
- Follows all OSHA 1926 safety guidelines as well as all job specific safety programs.
- Efficiently follows job specific lift plans, specific erection sequence and specific bracing plans.
- Supervise and communicate the management of on-site construction.
- Appropriately solves problems and/or timely communicates needs to management.
- Must have extensive experience installing single skin wall panels, insulated metal wall panels, standing seam roof with various insulation systems and metal decks.
- Effectively participate and conduct safety training programs.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in pre-engineered metal building erection
- NCCCO rigger/signal certification is mandatory (if not current, must be able to successfully certify)
- OSHA 30 certification is mandatory
- Competent Fall protection installation and inspection is preferred.
- Certified Reach Forklift Operator, Certified Standing Seam Roof Installer and Certified Insulated Metal Panel Installer is preferred, needed ASAP after hire.
- Proficient in Procore software for plans and field reports is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a current driver’s license in good standing.
- This position requires bending, stooping, standing and performing manual labor such as lifting heavy materials in excess of 100 pounds.
- $25-$30/hour based on experience
- Full Benefits After 60 days
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Program with profit sharing match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off Accrues from Day 61
- End of year discretionary bonus
- End of year profit sharing
- Continuous education to enhance your career