Must be certified or have the ability to pass the required testing for certification with experience on all positions, welding complete joint penetration welds with backing plates, unlimited thickness, with SMAW using 7018, MIG and flux core. Must have the ability to work at high elevations, must understand and be able to use fall protection and aerial lifts. Candidate should have the ability to read plans and drawings and understand welding symbols.
- Safety is priority #1.
- Work outside, inside, and in noisy and dusty environments
- Work outdoors in all types of weather
- Work in high places, crouching, kneeling, balancing, squatting
- Must have tools of the trade
- Lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to wear a safety harness and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Fall protection is required 100% at 6 ft. and higher
- Structural ironworkers should be able to connect columns, beams, girders and joists using bolts or welding in place.
- Follow direction of foreman and work well with others in a team environment
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and random drug testing
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Use acetylene cutting torch
- Osha 10 and rigger and signalman certifications are a plus
- Experience with construction and Pre-engineered metal buildings is a plus.
- Experience with installation of stairs and handrails is a plus.
- Health and dental insurance
- Travel per diem
- Advancement opportunities
- Profit share bonus at end of year